Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory
Data Licence Agreement
- SGO grants to the user a non-exclusive licence to retrieve and use
data sets and products from the SGO Data Service in accordance with this
- When the data shall be redistributed, the licensee has to ensure the
acceptance of the license agreement by third parties.
- Retrieval, by electronic download, and the use of data sets is free
of charge for academic research purposes, unless otherwise stipulated.
The use or reproduction of data for commercial purpose requires prior
written permission from SGO, and it is generally not free of
- Regardless of whether the data are quality controlled or not, SGO
and the data source do not accept any liability for the correctness
and/or appropriate interpretation of the data. Interpretation should
follow scientific rules and is always the user's responsibility. Correct
and appropriate data interpretation is solely the responsibility of data
- Typically SGO requires co-authorship if SGO data are to be published
in any media. In this case, the user must contact SGO and/or the
Observer in Charge and agree on the details of the publication. The
Observer in Charge will review the correct and appropriate use of SGO
data in the manuscript.
- If new products are derived from SGO data sets, the same rules apply
as stated in the previous paragraphs.
- Copies of final reports and papers must sent to the SGO
Observer in Charge so that the bibliography of the use of the SGO data
can be kept up to date.
- The information on SGO service are in the public domain, unless
specifically annotated otherwise, and may be used freely by the public.
Before using information obtained from this service special attention
should be given to the date and time of the data and products being
displayed. This information shall not be modified in content and then
presented as official material. Users are requested to inform SGO of any
problems encountered with the data themselves or the data provision.
Such feedback will increase the availability and quality of the