Calls for proposals and Submission deadline
- Terms of Access and Funding
- The access will be provided free of all charge to the new users and user groups given access
to the facility under this contract and will include all infrastructural, logistical, technical
and scientific support that is normally provided to external users. The grants for the selected
users will cover travel and subsistence costs to visit the infrastructure up to 3 months duration,
or shorter visits involving the installation of well automated instruments for 3-12 months operation on the ground or at the station observation
platforms. Only research teams conducting their research in the Member States of the Community or
Associated States are eligible to benefit under the contract.
- How to apply for access?
- Short project proposals should include:
- The Application Form as a Word document:
Microsoft Word document
- A scientific description of the project proposal, which should consist of:
- a descriptive title of the project
- the names of team members (ONLY those who are coming to LAPBIAT stations)
- a clear description of the scientific objectives and the work content of the project
- a description of possible links and complementary value to existing research projects
- a list of references of relevant publications
- Information about the experience of the researcher(s) including CV(s)
The proposals should be submitted by e-mail no later than the announced deadline to
Project Manager Jyrki Manninen at this address: Jyrki.Manninen at sgo.fi Please
also submit a copy of the proposal by fax (+358 16 619875) to Project Manager if you have not received
a confirmation of received e-mail.
- Selection of Users
- Following each call for proposals or other publication of the access offered under this
contract, a User Selection Panel meets to recommend a short-list of projects that should
benefit under the contract. This Panel consists of ten experts, of whom three are
independent and external to the Facility.
Selection is based on scientific merit, and complementarity to existing research in LAPBIAT
stations. Final approval is given by the Coordinator of the project.
Priority will be given to User Groups who have not previously used the Facility and who
would normally not have access to it. User groups from Finland are not eligible for support
from this programme.
Selection will also take into account that the contract is intended to finance primarily
short visits to the Facility. For visits exceeding 3 months, the Contractor must seek the
prior written approval by the Commission.
Time from application deadline to information about accepted proposals will be approximately
1 month. Information about acceptance will be given as quickly as possible.
- Eligibility of research teams and researchers
- Only research teams conducting their research in the Member States and Associated
states are eligible to benefit of access to the infrastructure under this contract.
Only research teams that are entitled to disseminate or arrange the dissemination of the
knowledge they have generated under the project are eligible to benefit of access
to the infrastructure under this contract. An exception to this rule may be made only in
the case of a research team from an SME, which wishes to use the infrastructure
for the first time.
Research teams conducting their research in the country where the contractor is located
are only eligible to benefit under this contract if the leading team is from an eligible country.
- Information and rules for accepted users
- Traveling costs
- Contact information
- Application Forms, Informations about HPRI programme and LAPBIAT facilities can
be obtained from:
|Project Manager PhD Jyrki Manninen
Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory
FIN-99600 SODANKYLA, FINLAND
lapbiat at sgo.fi
Please visit also the WWW pages of the Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory,
Sodankylä, Finland, which kindly hosts the LAPBIAT pages.
WWW pages seem to be always "under construction." Your
constructive criticism is needed for this one. Please feel free to send
your comments anytime to the Project Manager. Thank you for your co-operation.